So when I was little I was never a big fan of eggs, I thought they were weird and slimy. I was a big fan of the sweet breakfasts like french toast, pancakes and waffles,which are just vehicles for butter and syrup. It was until a few years ago that I really started to appreciate the egg, and now I love them. I am not even picky about how they are cooked, although I am partial to my poached eggs, I also like hard boiled, over easy, scrambled and of course the fried egg. Who doesn’t like a fried egg with all its buttery, creamy goodness. until you try to cook a fried egg with my fool proof technique you have never really had a fried egg.
My first tip would be to use the freshest eggs you can find, they make they produce the best shape when frying eggs.
Here is the technique I use for cooking the perfect fried egg:
1. Place a small non-stick frying pan over the lowest possible heat on your stove (if using gas, you should barely see the blue flame)
2. Add the butter and let slowly melt, making sure it doesn’t foam and is not sizzling
3. When all the butter has melted, crack the egg into a small bowl, dish, or saucer
4. Then gently slide the egg off the dish into the frying pan and cover with a lid
5.Continue cooking approximately 5 minutes until the egg white solidifies from transparency into snow-white cream; the yolk will thicken slightly as it heats. How quickly the egg cooks is dependent on how low you have the heat.
6. Do not flip the eggs but leave the egg sunny-side up and natural and salt and pepper taste.
Fried Egg Breakfast Sandwhich
-1 fried egg
– salt and pepper to taste
-1 Bolillo roll, cut in half and toasted
– 1-2 slices of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
-1-2 slices of tomato
– 2-3 slices of bacon
-slices of avacado (optional)